Author Topic: LF Server info and nowhere else to put it  (Read 10802 times)

June 03, 2014, 16:39:26
Read 10802 times

Kuper

• Information Offline
  • Forum Invader
    • View Profile
The only reason its in this sub-forum is there is nowhere else appropriate.

Hello!

My name is Kuper(rrrr) - I am looking for specific information about your server for a possible transfer from myself to you!

What I would like some information on are;

WvW Queue Times at EU prime time.
Public Commander Tags and ability of said Commanders during zerg fights. (Frequency of Public Tagging)
Fights Vs PPT as server where do you stand?
Guilds and guild co-operation. (recruitment, adding to fights, friendliness to others etc)
sPvP activity (Community PvP groups/events)
Server ranking and where your community wants to be (Gold/Silver up/down) - also where you predict to be.
Roamers and size of Roamer groups.
Public TS and usage.

As you can tell, its pretty WvW and sPvP focused as that

June 03, 2014, 17:42:36
Reply #1

Alwies

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • rodyc.1574
    • View Profile
I will try to supply you with requested information, if there remain any questions feel free to contact me ingame (rodyc.1574) or on TS (Alwies @ ts.farshiverpeaks.com).

Short about me (so you know where the information comes from).
I am an TS server admin, website admin and host the FSP reset meetings. Besides that i am a dF member.

In this post i consider prime time from 19:30 till about 23:00
WvW Queue Times at EU prime time.
EB during prime time pretty much has always a Queue varying from 10 to 60 players depending on commander and possible other events.
During prime time 2 out of 3 border usually have a short queue (1 to 25). Queue's on some border can go up to 40 if to many guilds try to join the same (this is usually avoided).

Public Commander Tags and ability of said Commanders during zerg fights. (Frequency of Public Tagging)
EB during prime time pretty much always has an commander. Some guilds tag up and sometimes there's an public commander (usually on home border). Normally we have commanders online till quite late/early.

Fights Vs PPT as server where do you stand?
Depends who you ask, we have both PPT guilds and guilds that mainly play for fights. As a server we accept both.

Guilds and guild co-operation. (recruitment, adding to fights, friendliness to others etc)
Most guilds (PPT guilds and guilds that play for fights) work well together. Fights are generally respected and adding to guilds fights is rare.
I am carefull with saying "most" and "generally" because i am not going to claim we never have issues and people disagreeing.

sPvP activity (Community PvP groups/events)
Not many, i know some guilds organize PvP events but this is mostly done internal. An attempt to a 10v10 tournament was made 2 weeks ago but so far nothing has come of it.

Server ranking and where your community wants to be (Gold/Silver up/down) - also where you predict to be.
This is something we as a server agree upon and have had no issues with. We want to be about top silver and we do not want to be in gold league.

Roamers and size of Roamer groups.
We have some roaming groups and individuals but to be honest  i am not sure if the're many or few compared to other servers.

Public TS and usage.
My area of expertise, our public teamspeak is used very actively, both for public raids and guilds groups.
For public raids the (by far) bigger part is actively listening/talking on TS.
Every guilds (size doesn't matter) can request an guild channel and has full access to do with them as they want.
Our TS doesn't have a password so feel free to look around (TS.farshiverpeaks.com) we do have an verified member group that's required to join public channels.

Please ask more questions if you have them.

June 03, 2014, 22:35:44
Reply #2

Kuper

• Information Offline
  • Forum Invader
    • View Profile
Thank you for the fast response. you have given me a lot to think about. :)

June 04, 2014, 14:16:56
Reply #3

Lance

• Information Offline
  • Forum Platinum General
  • Far Shiverpeaks Member
  • demetrodon.1457
  • Retired and Hardcore
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [BurN]
Well Rhas explained everything, nothing to add. The best thing about FSP is the freedom of choice, anything anyone wants to do.
Hardcore WvWer turned PvE Scrub
looking for 15 v 15 in Auric Basin

June 04, 2014, 16:15:26
Reply #4

Jesuki

• Information Offline
  • Forum Bronze Major
    • View Profile
2nd what Lancelot said.  I mean, they let us, [NUDE], run around naked and drunk all the time and nobody bats an eye, lol.
[NUDE] Jesuki

June 04, 2014, 23:13:21
Reply #5

Saturn

• Information Offline
  • Forum Mithril Veteran
  • Far Shiverpeaks Member
  • Saturn.6591
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [DW]
How I see it:

Basically, we want to have fun while playing. Of course we also want to do good in WvW and such (good fights are fun after all, and it's quite satisfying to beat strong opponents or opponents with bigger numbers), but we're not gonna do whatever it takes just to win. That's probably why we also don't want to be in gold league... 24/7 blobbing just isn't fun to us. So yeah... we love fun, but we also like to hone and improve our skills. That, and the determination and cooperation of guilds and players has let us accomplish some quite impressive tasks in the past (without losing the fun in the process). :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 00:00:00 by Saturn »

June 04, 2014, 23:48:33
Reply #6

Alwies

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • rodyc.1574
    • View Profile
Nicely put Saturn.
My favorite example of cooperation is our victory over gandara during week 6(?) of the spring tournament. The effort put in by nearly the entire server was truly something to remember.

June 05, 2014, 17:18:39
Reply #7

Kuper

• Information Offline
  • Forum Invader
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone for the information. Unfortunately I have chosen to transfer elsewhere, FSP does sound like a lot fun from what has been mentioned here :)

I know many people who are in FSP and I'm sure we'll see each other one day locking swords with one another.

June 05, 2014, 19:26:42
Reply #8

Lance

• Information Offline
  • Forum Platinum General
  • Far Shiverpeaks Member
  • demetrodon.1457
  • Retired and Hardcore
    • View Profile
Well, good luck at Gandara !
Hardcore WvWer turned PvE Scrub
looking for 15 v 15 in Auric Basin

June 05, 2014, 21:45:24
Reply #9

Zephyer

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • Far Shiverpeaks Member
  • Zephyer.5716
    • View Profile
Thank you and goodluck!
Closed.
Zull Zurander - Ele

P.s. I need your help >>please read<<

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

API reset
Last Poster: Baido.6837 in Issues & Enquiries on April 25, 2019, 15:06:06
FSP main VoIP
Last Poster: Goldi in Website Announcements on February 28, 2019, 11:43:43
Re: WMK (Crevo) needs access
Last Poster: I Am Dansker in Issues & Enquiries on February 22, 2019, 20:34:43
Can I get an invite into FSPG?
Last Poster: shiva.devaux in Issues & Enquiries on February 05, 2019, 10:48:48