Author Topic: Election Audit  (Read 63419 times)

January 22, 2017, 11:39:26
Reply #90

Alwies

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • rodyc.1574
    • View Profile
Dansker, as technical admin, can you confirm whether there IP, MAC and hardware address checks to determined unique and distinct voters?

In other words, is it possible for a single person to use more than one verified account to vote with?

First of all in your sentence MAC and physical adres are the same thing.
While MAC can be found out someways, it's way harder than finding out the IP(for an website) and I believe requires actions from the user for the website to even be able to do it. I'd bet on it that FSP doesn't log them.

IP's are logged, if there where 10 identical ones i think Dansker would have noticed. Can't do much against VPNs.

That all being said if someone or even multiple people spend at least 3 years preparing for something like this and buying HoT 47 times, well they fucking deserve to win the election. I know they would get my vote, I mean they/he/she already spend 5 times the effort that an admin normally does in 3 months.
Yes it's very possible a few select people could have theoretically voted multiple times, but not nearly enough to even make any difference at all.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible. But it's about as likely as me having hacked all the accounts from everyone in this thread and having a discussion with myself.

PS. If i made a mistake forgive me, I'm not as good as Dansker.
PPS. Really if I where to rig an election I'd just ask 50 guildies to vote, perhaps give them a bit of gold. Way way, way more easy and reliable than what your suggesting.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:43:50 by Alwies »

January 22, 2017, 11:47:11
Reply #91

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [AMX]
MAC and hardware/physical address are not the same thing.

Geesh Alwies, you should know this.

The one is from your network adapter and the other is from your physical hardware - HDD or mainboard.

January 22, 2017, 11:48:34
Reply #92

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
Keep in mind that my IP changes everyday, because our ISPs are just awesome.

January 22, 2017, 11:55:59
Reply #93

Alwies

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • rodyc.1574
    • View Profile
MAC and hardware/physical address are not the same thing.

Geesh Alwies, you should know this.

The one is from your network adapter and the other is from your physical hardware - HDD or mainboard.

Here you go:
http://whatismyipaddress.com/mac-address
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27016868/what-is-the-difference-between-a-physical-address-and-mac-address-in-networking
http://sites.allegheny.edu/its/residence-hall-network-and-services/computer-adapter-address/

Really curious how the HDD got in there? I've got 2 :P how does that work?
Also isn't a network adapter physical hardware?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:04:05 by Alwies »

January 22, 2017, 12:03:33
Reply #94

Lance

• Information Offline
  • Forum Platinum General
  • Far Shiverpeaks Member
  • demetrodon.1457
  • Retired and Hardcore
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [BurN]
This guy is beyond retard now. He needs exorcism.
Hardcore WvWer turned PvE Scrub
looking for 15 v 15 in Auric Basin

January 22, 2017, 12:15:24
Reply #95

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
Here you go:
http://whatismyipaddress.com/mac-address
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27016868/what-is-the-difference-between-a-physical-address-and-mac-address-in-networking
http://sites.allegheny.edu/its/residence-hall-network-and-services/computer-adapter-address/

Really curious how the HDD got in there? I've got 2 :P how does that work?
Also isn't a network adapter physical hardware?
Your logic does not surprise me at all Alwies.

After all, you were in dF, one of the original trademark guilds who would run past a flipping objective instead of defending it.

January 22, 2017, 12:16:26
Reply #96

Nourdin

• Information Offline
  • Forum Veteran
  • DaveTheKid.5293
    • View Profile
Can we just close this Thread? The mystery got solved and Muller is just getting more and more ridiculous. We got many views on our forum because of that thread and I dont even think its that good with such a mindless person doing such a ridiculous discussion on the forums ppl propably just laugh about us xD (and vote against him again)

January 22, 2017, 12:23:11
Reply #97

Alwies

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • rodyc.1574
    • View Profile

Your logic does not surprise me at all Alwies.

After all, you were in dF, one of the original trademark guilds who would run past a flipping objective instead of defending it.

Oh poor you, other people not defending. Want a tissue?

January 22, 2017, 12:28:51
Reply #98

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
Can we just close this Thread? The mystery got solved and Muller is just getting more and more ridiculous. We got many views on our forum because of that thread and I dont even think its that good with such a mindless person doing such a ridiculous discussion on the forums ppl propably just laugh about us xD (and vote against him again)
The only mindless one between us is you Nourdin, since you have no clue what I am even implying.

Then again I am not expecting anyone without any math education to have any degree of logic.

What I do expect though is for you to stop wasting your energy with your empty and stupid comments.

January 22, 2017, 12:30:42
Reply #99

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
Dansker, as technical admin, can you confirm whether there IP, MAC and hardware address checks to determined unique and distinct voters?

In other words, is it possible for a single person to use more than one verified account to vote with?

January 22, 2017, 12:48:36
Reply #100

Skore

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Recruit
  • Vasilis.5438
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [Kill]
Muller basically says that if he wins then the elections are true but if he loses then they are obviously rigged.

January 22, 2017, 12:54:20
Reply #101

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile
Muller basically says that if he wins then the elections are true but if he loses then they are obviously rigged.
The logic of a person with no country.

I believe my requests are very clear.

January 22, 2017, 13:02:32
Reply #102

Endishel

• Information Offline
  • Forum Bronze Assaulter
  • Endishel.1726
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [NstG]
i agree witn nourdin to close this topic, this looks more like a topic to put each other down we just play a game to have fun not to put each other down just to set yourself in a better daylight.
Endishel.1726

January 22, 2017, 13:03:09
Reply #103

Hellbound

• Information Offline
  • Forum Silver Squire
  • Hellbound.5610
    • View Profile

January 22, 2017, 13:21:28
Reply #104

I Am Dansker

• Information Offline
  • Forum Diamond Legend
  • Administrator
  • I Am Dansker.7105
    • View Profile
  • Guild: [DW]

Zero duplicates

Code: [Select]
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smf_log_polls p
LEFT JOIN smf_members m ON m.id_member = p.id_member
WHERE p.id_poll = 41
GROUP BY
    m.member_ip
HAVING
COUNT(*) > 1

As for MAC address, it isn't possible for me to get that without you installing some custom software from me.
The way TCP/IP works, is that the MAC address is stripped each time a message is relayed between routers

The link layer containing the MAC address (and various other information specific for communicating with the target router), is basically removed each time the packet passes through a router.

As for something like Motherboard id, that is never sent over TCP/IP and would definitely require people to install custom software from me

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

API reset
Last Poster: Baido.6837 in Issues & Enquiries on April 25, 2019, 15:06:06
FSP main VoIP
Last Poster: Goldi in Website Announcements on February 28, 2019, 11:43:43
Re: WMK (Crevo) needs access
Last Poster: I Am Dansker in Issues & Enquiries on February 22, 2019, 20:34:43
Can I get an invite into FSPG?
Last Poster: shiva.devaux in Issues & Enquiries on February 05, 2019, 10:48:48